Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Weekend Rewind

I'd have to say that this past weekend scored about an 7.5 out of 10 on the old fun-o-meter. Not too shabby at all. Friday night I joined some friends at the Hotel Gansevoort in the meatpacking district for a birthday party for some guy I met for 2 seconds- ahh the bonds we make. The drinks ended up being like $15 each so we didn't last too long there. We later ended up at Brass Monkey where I proceeded to get pretty drunk and finally get some dancing out of my system. Its always fun to see the faces of friends who you've been out with before but have not yet been exposed to "that side" of you. Luckily, they were happy faces, delighted to see I had crossed over into the bad place.

I also saw the Wedding Crashers, and if you haven't, get off your ass and get to the theatre because it was so hilariously good. I mean I knew it was going to be funny, but not that funny. Vince Vaughn delivers some killer lines.

In other news- Am I the only one who has never read a Harry Potter book? I've seen more people my age get excited about this book than kids. I hear J.K. Rowling is now the richest woman in Britain.

I am almost done reading Bergdorf Blondes and I must say, unless there is some amazing turnaround in the end, I am none too impressed. I mean I didn't expect too much and kind of just grabbed this book when I was in the airport, but it is so far from my new york city life that it almost doesn't even seem believeable even in a make-believe way. Most of the characters repulse me and I think I just end up getting jealous of how such stupid women can manage to get men all the time. The answer to that so far = money. I'm not an avid reader of "chic lit", soI am hoping that this book doesn't speak for the genre.

Has anyone seen that show on ABC called "Hooking Up"? I think its first episode was this past week- and I am already addicted. It follows the tales of 11 women that are looking for love over the internet. It's pretty good so far and almost makes you want to try the whole online dating thing. Until of course you realize you've already done that and it ended poorly. I use to be on Lavalife and did actually meet a guy one time. I'm not proud of it, but not embarrassed either. I was honest and sent a real pic. He on the other hand sent an old pic. A 30lbs lighter pic. Not that I am all about looks, but come on, deception is not the way to start out. Needless to say, after that night I closed my account and it hasn't been ressurected. At least not yet.

No comments: