Sunday, October 23, 2005

Leave them alone you little bitch

Well tomorrow may be just another day of meetings and school for us here in NY, but down south is whole different story. My sisters don't have school and my parent's offices have closed all in preparation for the 8th hurricane to hit Florida in the last 14 months.

When I lived there the whole situation was much easier to get a handle on, but being away is truly aggravating and you feel helpless. When I move to NYC last August, I arrived here about 2 weeks after Hurricane Charley, and 7 days before Hurricane Francis- the one which caused my family to evacuate. Of course with emotions soaring at this point to start with due to a whole new beginning so far away, the thought of my family going through all of that while I was here was excruciating. Luckily my roommate, also from Florida, was experiencing the same thing- so we had a good support system.

While my family continues to be faced with constant hurricane threats, we are overall really lucky because other than some roofing, trees down, and some flooding, we have been A-Ok. My parents had actually made plans to come visit me this week and are set to arrive here on Thursday. I am hoping that skies will be sunny and the weather will be wonderful, because after the next 24 hours, they'll need it.

No comments: