Wednesday, June 08, 2005

26 is the new 25

Well summer has officially hit New York City and what grander of an entrance to make than to give us a 94 degree day like today. You know, one of those days where you get dressed and walk to the street corner and you are already sweaty. It wasn't even this hot in Florida when I was there on Monday. All of you bastards with central air, I am cursing you right now.

This past Saturday was my 26th birthday. Yep, thats right, I might look like I am 19, but I am in fact now (as my sister likes to call it): four years away from being thirty. No comment. Ever have one of those years when you have a birthday and you are like "this is my year, this is when its all going to happen!". Well I said that for 25, and I guess looking back it all did really "happen". I applied to grad school, quit my secure job, gave up my fabulous apartment, left all my family and friends and moved to NYC, where I scored an apartment in the best location ever, was immediately elected an officer of Fordham's Business' largest media organization, and interned at what has been my #1 media job choice for as long as I can remember, NBC. If it sounds like I am tooting my own horn, I am, and I'm allowed to, it was my birthday damnit and Im going to relfect. Oh, and I also left out the part about meeting who I thought could be "the one", but since he is now in LA I figured that kind of cancels out, but it was nice to have those feelings again. For a second it was like I had a boyfriend, imagine that.

So I guess I'm excited about 26. I mean I will be interning again, graduating, and who knows what else, hopefully there is a job in that mix, and maybe a boy, or two. I guess I'm not really freaked out about my age that much. I will probably start to get a little nervous when I am in the 28 to 30 age range, but then again, thats what I thought about 25, and look here I am, one year past and doing swell.

Well thats all I got for now. In case I dont make it back to the blog by Friday, for those in the NYC area make sure to check out The Greenwich Village Bar Tour this Saturday- its tons of drunken fun.

No comments: