Monday, December 13, 2004

My crazy imagination

It's amazing the kinds of things you can think about when you are alone in your apartment. Scary things. I've always been one to get freaked out by the possibilities of ghosts and what not since I was little. It's exciting and terrifying to me at the same time. I guess I'm weird.

When I lived in my last apartment in Florida, I lived alone, but the apartment wasn't really conducive to thinking like that- it was so bright and big, so after a scary movie or whatever I wasn't in the whole "scared to walk to my bedroom" mode. This apartment, however is a different story. The funny thing is that this apartment could probably fit in my last apartments living room. I don't know what it is, but its definitely more scary to be here alone than it was in my last place. I think it might be the fact that this place is over a 100 years old and everything in and around here reflects that. I can't help but think of all the other families and people that have lived in this apartment/building before I have. How many people spent Christmas and Thanksgiving right inside here, its weird.

Anyways, I don't know if you have seen it, but they have started showing the trailer for White Noise on tv. I saw this trailer about a month and a half ago and was truly scared to death. I was mostly scared because afterwards I was intrigued and started doing research on it and found much more than I wanted to know. Scary shit. So of course, the last thing I want to hear in this 100 year old apartment is that freaking commercial come on in the living room while I am all alone. Just hearing that voice say "Get out of my house" sends chills up my body.

So I start thinking. I wonder how much "white noise" is in this apartment? I mean its pretty damn old and who knows the stuff that went on here. Murder?Betrayal? I mean I am right down the block from Washington Square Park and I had no idea until like 2 months ago that was the place that they use to hang people...and the hanging tree is still there. Apparently there are also bodies buried below the park.

Of course there is no way in hell I would ever try this out, but I can't help but wonder.

No comments: