Sunday, May 01, 2005

Another week begins

Well my mom left this morning after what I would like to say was quite the lovely visit. We had good weather for the most part except for the one day that we really needed it which was yesterday. The Revlon 5k was a great time and a wet one at that. All three miles it rained on us, but I guess it could have been much worse. We did get to see a good handful of celebs and the lady that plays the ADA on Law & Order SVU was standing next to us during the opening ceremonies, and Mariska Hargitay was one of the event hosts, so my mom (a Law & Order junkie) was quite happy.

Today was a gorgeous day and it all started off with me coming back from breakfast and watching 30,000 bikers bike down 6th Ave. at 8am. There is nothing that makes you feel more guilty from just eating delicious french toast than watching thousands of bikers, most of which are much older than you, bike their way to a healthier body. Makeover time is soon approaching.

I've been finding I go to the river quite often these days, especially on days like this where it is just too gorgeous to stay inside. My roommate and I strolled down by the Hudson to Battery Park and as we were walking I spotted someone that looked awfully familiar. Low and behold I had my first star sighting that I didn't have to be told who to look at. I am always the person that never spots anyone and it gets annoying, like...."Hey, that was just Martin Scorcese that just walked by"...yea, a whole 4 people on the street (3 of which were my friends and I) and I miss him. Anyways-do you guys watch Grey's Anatomy? Well I am addicted to that show and the guy I saw is the guy who plays George on that show. You know....the sweet, funny one who lives in the house with them. Yep. Well he is just adorable in person and seemed to be out for a stroll like everyone else.

Oh and thanks to all the suggestions on shows to see. We kind of left it to the last minute and ended up seeing Rent. Great show, great cast, just a little too morbid for me. Does anyone else get annoyed with how no one dresses up for shows anymore? Flips flops and tshirts don't exactly qualify as broadway show attire in my book, but perhaps maybe I am just very traditional with that sort of thing.

No comments: