Friday, March 04, 2005

Water Water Everywhere...

and not one damn drop to drink.

Well I tell you what, there is a surplus of adorable guys that work here at NBC. The bad news, every single one of them is already taken. The even worse news is that they will flirt with you like they are single,invite you out, get you all excited about "possibilities", and then boom- you find out they have a girlfriend.

In the past couple of weeks I have been crushing (for lack of a much better word) on 2 guys that are just both adorable. Actually, there would be 3 guys, one of which looks and acts like Luke Wilson, but I already knew he had a girlfriend- and Im not about going after that. So anyways, back to 2 guys. At first, this one guy I met my first day here because it turns out he was/is good friends with my "nyc boy" - for all of you who remember my posts on him. So anyways, I always kind of viewed him as off limits, except that he grew continually flirty with me and I started to rationalize it in my head. Long story short, went out last night with him and many others- found out he has a girlfriend. Barf.

The other dude is completely adorable too, but much more shy. I wish I could judge his behavior towards me as being reflective of what he thinks of me, but I just can't because my feelings for him are in no way reflected in my actions. I get so freaking stupid around him its awful. I completely clam up and can't even make eye contact with him. Part of me thinks, you are interning here for like 5 more weeks, who cares, just freaking ask him out. I just don't know though. I would like to start off this summer nicely- avoiding all possible rejection.

In other words I am a wuss.

I probably should just give up on guys altogether and get working on my dog farm. That's right- acres and acres of open land with large and small dogs alike living happily and running out in the open. I'll just save all those sheltered pooches and that will be my life. Sounds thrilling right?

Of course it doesn't help that I have been watching the marathon episodes of "Single in the City- New York" on the WE channel. All of these ladies who are living in amazing apartments, have no jobs, and unlimited funds- yea real realistic for me, thanks. Hell if that was my life, I think I'd be ok with not having a man.

Thank goodness in 2 weeks I will be home, laying on the beach, getting tan and loving the Florida weather. I need a vacation bigtime.

No comments: