Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Busted

For those of you who recall, I wrote a post in the past month about an internet company called "Indiigo 2 Emporium Store" who has been playing games with me since last July via email. Long story short, I bought their product, paid for their product, they never sent me the product. If you want to know the whole story, scroll down to the post.

Since the post, I have been contacted by a couple of people who came across my blog while doing a search for this company- it turns out it is the first hit when you google the store name. These people had also been defrauded. Anyways, yesterday I get a call from a Detective in the internet fraud division of the Scottsdale, AZ police department. They received my IFCC filing as well as some 30+ others filed just last year. There were even a couple filed just in the past couple of weeks. Anyways, he told me that they have been investigating this company due to the large amount of filings and were looking for my cooperation in submitting information. Apparently this company ceased to exist with the state as of 2002- nice. Man I can't tell you how thrilled I am that these bastards are getting caught. I only wish I could see the looks on their faces when the police come knocking on their door. Yay, I'm a whistleblower!

-------------------------------------------------------
In other news, when the hell is the freaking cold going to go away? We had such a tease a few days ago when it was 60. Everyone was all happy, the restaurant brought their little tables back out, and then the next day we had a snow storm. Lovely. I am now back to freezing in my apartment (of course on the 60 degree day my heat was working like crazy- but now, not so much). If you could only see what I am wearing now, I am the most mismatched son of a gun there is- but I'm warm and that's all that matters.
Speaking of warm, I bought my plane ticket home to FL today. Ten days of glorious weather, I can't wait. It will be nice to get a little color back on this skin. Seeing my veins through virtually every part of my body isn't as neato as one might think.
-------------------------------------------------------
Ok, this isn't an NBC plug, except that it kind of is. Has anyone seen the new show "The Contender"? Holy shit it is good. I have been waiting for the premiere forever because the promos were so good (yep, they come from the creative folks in my department). I was really afraid that the show would not live up to the advertisements, but it definitely did. I was so emotionally invested just during the first show, I'm sure I will be hooked for the whole season. If you haven't seen it yet, check it out.

No comments: