Thursday, March 17, 2005

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

So I am noticing a trend, and it goes something like this:
Laura spots cute guy, Laura talks to cute guy, Laura realizes she is about 4 years older than cute guy. For some reason, lately all of the guys I am attracted to are 22 years old. How am I magically too old for some guys now?

Well in celebration of my singledom, I am declaring this summer, in Seinfeld style, the summer of Laura. Fun will be had, boys will be kissed, and by god there will be dancing in cute outfits. After this hellish semester I am ready to let it all hang out and really enjoy my first NYC summer. Here's to hoping. No, screw that, its happening. F hope.

Today was a gorgeous St. Patrick's Day. I headed out to the parade for a little bit in between work and I must say that my favorite part, aside from the bagpipers, was all the little old Irish men walking around so happily. They are just adorable.

Here's some pics:







Tomorrow is my last day in NYC before I go to FL for spring break. I can't wait and I'm hoping I will bring a little warm weather back with me because I am sick of seeing all the cute clothes that all the stores are putting out because its too cold to wear them! Stupid stores.

At the end of my block there use to be an internet cafe that had the best smoothies. Sure, they were like $6 a pop, but they were worth it. Well, that closed down about two weeks ago only to be unveiled this week as "Papaya Dog". That's right, in the exact same fashion as Papaya King and Gray's Papaya, there is yet another hot dog joint. The bad news is, its just as good. Well, as good as you can get for a 95cent hotdog. Just what I need 25 feet from my door, cheap temptation.

Alrighty, back to packing. When I return, I'm hoping to feel rejuvenated and well, not be so damn white. Adios!

No comments: