Friday, January 28, 2005

Unbelievable

So something has been going on for a while now that I don't believe I have shared with you all on here. It originally was no big concern to me because so much was happening at the time, but now, it make my blood boil thinking about it.

Ever bought anything on Ebay? Sure, most of us have, and for me it has always been a pleasant experience with no difficulties. Well its a whole new ballgame now.

Back in July of 2004, yes that right, almost 7 months ago, I bid on an ipod cover on ebay. I won the bid, was notified by the seller and was then directed to a internet "storefront" where I could complete/track the order since it was actually a business that was the seller. I went to the storefront, got their mailing address, and mailed by check to them. Keep in mind this was all in the time that I was moving out of my Orlando apt, moving back to Melbourne for 2 weeks, and then moving to NYC- there was a lot of shit going on. Anyways, it was about 3 weeks after I moved here (mid September) that I realized I had never received the ipod cover. I went back to the site, looked for a phone number (there was none), and then saw an email address. I emailed the company asking them what was going on. I received an email back from someone named "Ellen" saying they were sorry, that it was sent to the wrong address and they would resend it. Ok, so I gave them my new address and thouht all would be fine. Two weeks later- nothing. I emailed again. "Ellen" responds again saying, "oh sorry, we will send it". Seriously, her emails are that casual. By late October I was getting pissed and I was like forget it, just refund my money, I don't want your fucking product anymore. This is when the fun started. I get an email back from her saying "I will notify the refund department". More time goes by, more emails just like the previous are exchanged. It is now almost December and due to midterms and finals and all that shit I never got around to really putting a lot of time into this matter. I would just get emails back saying "I will personally notify the refund department"- and then of course, you guessed it, nothing! So now I am livid and I begin my "investigation" into this company. I can't find shit on them. Their company name is so general, everything in the world comes up under a search. I went back to their "storefront" and there is still just that address...which results in nothing on a search as well. They aren't listed anywhere, not in the yellow pages, not online, nowhere. I tried emailing back the original seller name off ebay- and of course everything comes back as "undeliverable".

Ok, I'll try to sum up the rest quickly. Long story short, I found the name of the company that provides their interner storefront and I put in a complaint with the fraud/investigation department. I also filed with the IFCC and will be filing with Ebay as well as the Better Business Bureau. I emailed this Ellen chick back a few weeks ago and told her that if they can send me my product I will drop the complaints (no of course I wouldn't). Since then Ive changed my mind because I dont want their stupid product, I just want my money back- not that it's even about money anymore. Anyways, I just got her email this morning and it honestly read:

Ok, its a deal.

We will send your cover.

Ellen

What the fuck is that? A deal? Yea, so you can imagine the email I wrote back to her, explaining that in noncorrupt businesses, a customer pays and the seller delivers, there is no "deal making" as to if either party should actually receive their end.

I know they are thinking I will eventually give up but they are sooooorely mistaken. I am royally pissed off, and I told them that if I have to notify every freaking bureau or complaint department I can, I will. If I know that for just 2 minutes they get a tad scared it will be all worth it. I seriously can't believe this crap though.

Phew, ok that was it, thats the whole story in a nutshell. For those of you who are wondering, the supposed name of the company is all of the following: "The Emporium 2 Company Store", "Emporium 2", and "Indiigo Emporium". They are also supposedly located in Scottsdale, AZ.

I'll keep you updated with what occurs with these bitches. Until then, happy weekend :)

No comments: