Tuesday, January 04, 2005

I heart NBC

Ok, so I am exhausted and I imagine this will be the way I feel all semester. The good news is that my job roccckkkss! Seriously, in just the two days I have been there I have seen so much. We do all the promo clips and teasers for the affiliate networks...mainly for the Today show, Nightly News, and Dateline. Its cool because I get to review these scripts and preview the clips on the edit machines and then take them down to the satellite control area and broadcast them. Its alot more involved than it sounds, but I am way too tired for any detail.

Another cool thing is that we film with Brian Williams everyday. We do the promo clips that precede the Nightly News with him every night so yesterday I was on the Nightly News set. I didn't get to meet Brian yet though because he is in Indonesia. Maybe next week.
I also was on the set of Dateline, NBC Sports, Last Call with Carson Daly, and then backstage at SNL....all very cool.

My NYC boy came and took me out to lunch today because thats the kind of sweetie he is. It really sucks that he's already flying back to Cali tomorrow :( First day of school was today too. The class was cool though, its "The Television Industry". My teacher seems really cool and we are using the book he wrote as our textbook so thats kinda neat...not to mention it was only $30, thank God.

Alrighty, Im exhausted so Im out. Nighty poo.

No comments: