Friday, August 20, 2004

Way too early for all this drama

So Im plagued with this thing for the past year that doesnt allow me to sleep in after 8:30 am. I use to be a champ sleeper, going all the way until noon if I could, but now its gone. So since I am up everyday at this hour, but still too lazy to "start my day", I set myself in front of the tv. This is the first time in years that I dont have a job to go to, so I really have no idea what is on during a weekday. The answer to what is on, however, is crap. Utter and complete crap. For some reason the only thing of interest to watch at 9am is Elimidate. I really think that seeing slutty girls fight over some totally unworthy guy is not a way to start my day, but that show has some kind of magnetism to it. Its like a cant stop watching. Its funny, because as bitchy as some of the girls are, its the guy that I really hate. In the episode today I saw this guy getting ready to elimidate a girl in the first round. He said he couldnt decide who it should be and grabbed the girl next to him and made out with her for a sec. Then he put his hand on her face and pushed her off saying "you're elimdated". What a fucking prick. The saddest thing is that the other girls who still remain dont see anything wrong with his behavior. Its so grotesque, yet I cant stop watching. Then to complete my morning o' drama, Dawson's Creek comes on at 10. I use to be a big fan of this show, but now looking back on the episodes I so loyally watched, all of them end in this terrible state of depression. Very rarely does an episode end on good terms. Someone dies, 2 people get divorced, best friends are fighting, Joey cheats on Dawson...its just one upset after another. I guess it was probably easier to identify with stupid teen agnst, when I was a stupid teen, but now its just so, well, juvenile.

Alrighty, well I think I am going to go swimming. Have a good one.

No comments: