Wednesday, April 05, 2006

There must be fat in the water

Now answer me this, do you think it is scientifically possible to actually feel fatter after joining a gym, if the only thing that has changed is an increase in your physical activity? Well that answer to that would be a double YES. I joined a gym about 3 weeks ago and have been going about 4 times a week, all visits including at least 40 minutes of intense cardio....so why on earth do I feel like I have gained weight? Don't give me the whole "oh well youre gaining muscle" excuse, because who cares if I am if it is hidden under a layer of fat? Now I'd like to think I can be patient and wait for results, but I weighed myself this morning and I have gained a pound since I started the gym. This is bullshit. Luckily I actually enjoy the gym so I will keep going, plus there is that monthly bank deduction that is a good motivator, but at this point it's not going so well. The new Victoria's Secret Swim catalogs don't exactly help either, but do make for a nice dartboard background.

No comments: