Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Something isn't right here

So I've been sucked into the world of Myspace.com, and my oh my what a world it is. So since Myspace seems to be frequented mainly by teenagers, these are most of the profiles I see. Now, I dont know what I was doing when I was 15, probably at dance class or something random and innocent, but dear lord these kids are so far beyond that. The further I went the more astounding it was. They have pics up of themselves half dressed in sexually suggestive poses, talking about sex, threesomes, oh and lets not forget all the "Im so wasted" pictures. Who are these kids? Why is innocence ending so early?

As I tried to get these images out of my head, I decided to look for a layout for my profile, so I visited all the myspace layout pages that Google came up with. There were a decent amount of premade profiles, but I couldn't help but notice the apparent theme in all of them. I would say out of all the profiles I looked at today, about 80% of them were dark, not just in color, but in tone...the kind of "dark" that could be coupled with drugs, suicide, and other things of that nature. Actually,there were quite a few that did have "suicide" or "blood" in their descriptions. What the hell is going on here? Is this really representative of the youth of today? I sure hope not. What a sad reality it would be to no longer have the carefree and innocent childhood that I had. I am so thankful for it... and so scared for these kids.

No comments: