Thursday, March 09, 2006

If this is "cool", then I'm proud to be a nerd.

Well I like to think I am up with the times, new trends, new hobbies, new whatever. I know that in the past year or so I've witnessed the return of knitting as a popular hobby, although as most you know it is now popular with young celebrities and young people in general. This was a little interesting to me, but not completely crazy I guess. I mean, I've knit before, I guess it was an ok time or whatever.

So the other night I am out at a pub in the Village and its packed and they are playing great music, the vibe is good, and I see this guy walk in, prob mid 20's, with a big thing of yarn and knitting needles. So, of course, I am thinking...there is no way this guy has come to this bar to knit...has he? Well I lost track of him for a while, becoming distracted with other things, but noticed him later on in the evening at a bar table standing with a girl, holding the yarn as she knit. They would take turns every like 15 min or so on who would knit and who would hold the yarn. I started to think that shot I took that tasted like suntan lotion was starting to mess with me, but I did in fact see was what was actually occuring.

Is this suppose to be a new pickup technique? Are guys changing from "...yea I can get you into this hot club" to "hey Ive got some yarn in my bag, wanna knit?". My my, the times they are a changin'.

No comments: