Friday, April 22, 2005

And my life begins again...

I took my last final tonight and I can't believe that I already have another semester under my belt. What a whirlwind it has been since January. While I love craziness, the semester wore me out between work and school and I am in much need of a very awesome, relaxing summer. This is the first time in a looong time that I don't have work to go to tomorrow or a test to study for. What a weird feeling. I'm really glad that we had great weather the whole time I had to be indoors studying and now that I am done we have a cold front and rain, terrif. Even so, I have a fun weekend planned. Tomorrow I'm heading over to Queens to finally check out this famous beer garden with some friends. I've actually never even been to a beer garden, but it looks pretty neat and is supposedly the only one left in NYC, or so they claim.


Saturday there is some art and garden festival over by NYU, hopefully it won't get rained out. Saturday night is a party for a bud of mine who got a job at NBC and then on Sunday I'm finally going to see The Shins, woohoo! I'd love to see one of the films at the Tribeca Film Festival also, but I wouldn't know where to begin in choosing which one.

So the walls have finally come down on the West 4th station right where I live to reveal the front of a new IFC theatre. Pretty cool eh? At least all that clattering at 8am every morning will at least be for something neat. As far as I know it will have three screens and is set to open late Spring.

For those who are wondeing how my NBC internship wrapped up, it went superbly. I spent my second to last day on the Nightly News set talking to Brian Williams and watching him film an interview. It couldn't have ended it more perfectly.

A question for you NYC'ers--any suggestions on a good afternoon tea & pastry place in the village or soho areas? I know there are billions, but just wanted to see if there were any recommendations.

No comments: